Survios is a VR game studio startup in Los Angeles that spun out of the University of Southern California’s Mixed Reality Lab that is creating Raw Data, a co-operative sci-fi combat sim game for the HTC Vive. TriplePoint was brought on in late December of 2015 to help put the company on the map in the burgeoning VR gaming space, specifically by supporting major events and tradeshows in the first quarter of 2016.
- Introduce Survios and Raw Data to high-profile editors, reporters, and producers in the gaming, tech, and business press.
- Position Survios as one of the premier VR-focused game studios in the industry, and Raw Data as one of the most exciting titles coming to the HTC Vive platform.
- Drive press attendance to Survios’ VRLA party and GDC booth activities. Navigate a complicated GDC presence, with Raw Data being demoed at a number of different partner booths and showcases.
- Secure positive press coverage for a studio and game that had been very silent for the last few years.
- To direct the launch strategy, TriplePoint conducted deep discussions with the Survios team about their ambitions and goals for Raw Data’s reception from the community.
- We kicked off media relations with VRLA and Survios’ afterparty via direct media pitching to press attending the show as well as relevant gaming and tech press based in LA.
- With a lull between VRLA and GDC, TriplePoint recommended, planned, and executed a two-day media tour in San Francisco. We targeted high-value press based in SF across tech, gaming, and business segments.
- At GDC, our approach to media was to focus on press traveling to the show from outside of SF and LA, so as to maximize media demos and hit the press that we weren’t able to engage with during more local press tours.
- Drove key VR and LA-local press, as well as LA-based streamers, to VRLA booth and after party. Demo booths were so busy people were lined up around the corner.
- Executed two-day SF press tour of 12 top-tier press and gaming outlets, resulting in coverage from WIRED, TechCrunch, and Engadget, among others.
- Supported broad GDC presence with more than 20 press meetings booked with key games press. Resulting coverage included hits in Polygon, The Verge, Tested, Tom’s Guide, and Game Informer, among others.
“Survios’ First-Person Shooter Shows How Addictive VR Will Be”