Paradox Interactive/Obsidian Entertainment
Pillars of Eternity would not exist without the dedicated support of the Kickstarter community, a group of people passionate about the independent turn-based strategy game from famed developer Obsidian Entertainment. So when Obsidian struck a publishing deal with Paradox Interactive, TriplePoint helped the studios create a media strategy that would put the collective community mind at ease while generating awareness of the deal.
- Maintain Obsidian’s credibility among Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter backers who might perceive the company as selling out to Paradox with a publishing deal.
- Spell out Paradox’s role in the relationship and create excitement for launch.
- TriplePoint developed an approach that positioned the two companies as collaborators, with the partnership announced during a GDC press conference.
- The CEOs from each company took the stage to discuss the particulars of the deal, and answered questions from hand-picked members of the media.
- At the same time, an official press release and FAQ were distributed to the wider press audience, along with a blog post tailored to the community.
- Successful execution of the GDC press conference, which was attended by more than 30 targeted journalists.
- Seamless distribution of the partnership news across a variety of mediums and audiences.
- Generated B2B leads for Paradox Interactive from development partners potentially interested in a publishing deal.
“Obsidian will remain in creative control of Pillars of Eternity, while Paradox will focus on marketing, public relations and fulfillment of Kickstarter rewards for the title.”
Alexa Ray Corriea