- Papo & Yo was a unique game inspired by the creator Vander Caballero’s childhood growing up in South America with an abusive, alcoholic father.
- TriplePoint’s mission was to promote, without exploiting, this potentially controversial story, while also ensuring that it did not overshadow coverage of the title’s gameplay.
- TriplePoint conducted a long-term PR campaign for Papo & Yo, beginning with an unveiling at E3 2011 and updated previews at E3 2012.
- Focus on building media relationships with the game’s creator and developing customized story angles.
- Address the darker themes behind Papo & Yo while still positioning the game as a quality gameplay experience first.
- Secured feature articles with major gaming publications, including 50+ reviews within the launch window in Kotaku, GameSpot, Edge, IGN, and Giant Bomb, among others.
- Achieved significant mainstream coverage, including newspaper articles from The New York Times and The Associated Press, and online coverage from TIME, The Wall Street Journal and USA Today.
- Drove Twitter trend through early release of cinematic trailer.
- Established Vander Caballero, Minority Media’s founder, as a major voice in indie gaming.
- Secured “Game of the Year” consideration from a variety of outlets.
“It will linger in players’ minds long after they’ve forgotten about more slickly produced games.”Lou Kesten